[scribus] Lack of Style Overrides

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Wed Aug 17 04:44:40 UTC 2011

I really, really do not not like how only some (but not all) of a paragraph's style settings can be overridden in the Properties window.  This means that each and every time I want to modify the left indent, right indent, tab settings, etc for a specific paragraph, I need to declare another damned style.  Why can't each setting in a paragraph's style have a complimentary override option outside the context of the Styles manager?  What's with this apparent love affair with styles?  I should have the freedom to format my text however I please, either with or without a style.  In my opinion, a style should only need to be defined when a particular text style is to be repeated in a document.  Otherwise, just format the single occurrence manually.  (Unless you're in Scribus, then forget it and resort to defining yet another bloody style...)