[scribus] how to vertically center text in a frame

John Culleton culleton-p-md at comcast.net
Fri Aug 12 14:20:48 UTC 2011

On Thursday, August 11, 2011 05:25:17 pm Adrienne Carmack wrote:
> I'm just trying to get my title page centered vertically. It's
going
> to take up a whole page, so I made the text frame the size of the
> page. I searched online but it showed me the scripts... and I have
no
> idea what to do with that.
>
> Thanks,
> Adrienne
>
> ___
You  don't need scripts. Right click on the frame and choose "Edit
Text" This puts you in the Story Editor.  In the Story editor first
you highlight the line of text, then choose the icon for centered
text, and of course choose the font and font size. Then choose save
and exit. It helps to stretch out the Story Editor Window. When a
green  check mark appears that is the icon for save and exit.

Don't start with an online search. Start with the Scribus Manual.
Another useful guide is the Cedrick Gemy book, Scribus 1.3.5
Beginner's Guide.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: