[scribus] Bleeds and Crop Marks

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 21:27:23 UTC 2011

On 08/09/2011 03:52 PM, Rob Oakes wrote:
> Dear Scribus Users Group,
>
> I am putting together a layout for a magazine that needs to be sent to a commercial printer and I am trying to figure out the bleeds. Does anyone know of a tutorial that describes how to use the bleed feature in Scribus? (I'm using 1.4 RC5.) The information on the wiki that I found was related to workarounds for bleeds.
>
> Also, any hints on how to handle bleeds in a magazine layout versus a poster or a business card?

Probably the place to start might be your commercial printer, to get
advice on the various possible settings. The terminology that you see in
the PrePress tab of PDF Export is pretty straightforward.

I expect the printer will be able to tell you which he might be able to
work with and whether there are some he really doesn't need.

Greg