[scribus] Ellipsis

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Aug 8 17:46:11 UTC 2011

On Monday, August 08, 2011 12:17:08 pm a.l.e wrote:
> On 8/8/11 6:01 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > On 08/08/2011 10:27 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> >> BTW the typeset ellipsis should be added to the list of glyphs
> >> selectable by menu in the Story Editor. I would place it at the
> >> bottom of the list because it is not used that often.
> >
> > It seems to be a bug, but I find I cannot set any keyboard
shortcuts
> > for quotes or guillemets, or more precisely, I can set them but
it
> > doesn't mean anything when you try to use them.
> >
> > Ellipsis isn't an option, but doesn't seem to matter if settings
> > aren't respected.
> >
> > OTOH, I find that Compose key, .. inserts an ellipsis nicely.
>
> on mac with a swiss keybard its alt+2 and alt+shift+2... “like
this” or
> alt+, and alt+shift+,... «like this»
>
> ciao
> a.l.e
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

> Unlimited Disk, Data Transfer, PHP/MySQL Domain Hosting
>               http://www.doteasy.com

I don't have a Mac and I don't have a Swiss keyboard, so its two
strikes and I'm out. Since a handful of glyphs not found on any
keyboard are listed under Story Editor->Insert-> glyphs I thought it
handy to add the ellipsis to the list. It is a rarely used glyph but
a perfectly respectable one.
--
John Culleton

"Death Wore Black" Police procedural: http://www.deathworeblack.com/