[scribus] Overcrowded icon bars.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sun Aug 7 20:24:51 UTC 2011

On Saturday, August 06, 2011 06:27:16 pm a.l.e wrote:
> hi john,
>
> > The icon bar on the main window is overcrowded. And the icon bar
in
> > the Story Editor is seriously overcrowded. It would be nice if
each
> > could be expanded to two button bars. Then all the needed icons
and
> > text windows could be displayed. The alternative, stretching the
> > existing window so that more icons appear, gets impracticable as
the
> > number of hidden icons increases. A second or even a third icon
bar
> > would be a better alternative.
>
> in the main window you have 4 toolbars
>
> in the story editor 6 toolbars
>
> personally, i agree that there are too many buttons in the main
toolbar...
> imo, only few of the buttons in there are really useful and are
really
> used.
>
> until the day, when they will shrunk, just hide the pdf toolbar in
the main
> window (you probably don't use it) and place the other toolbars in
a way
> that all icons are shown... instead of stretching the windows...
>

> ciao
> a.l.e

How do I hide the pdf toolbar?

How do I move the toolbars around?

How do I make the new arrangement the default?

I would be happy to have major portions of the main toolbar down one
side or the other of the main window, like Inkscape. In the Story
Editor I would happily sacrifice the strike through and underline
icons altogether. I doubt that I will ever use them. I use the icons
at the left end and the right end frequently, and those are the ones
hidden in submenus.
--
John Culleton