[scribus] editing text frame to be a shadow

Ondřej Němeček ondrej.nemecek at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 15:11:38 UTC 2011

Do you mean shadow of text itself or shadow of frame? If you meen first
one...

...simplest way is to create text frame, fill some text, select created
text frame, F2 -> Text -> Color and Effects -> Shadowed text icon +
select second color as shadow color (rollup menu there). It is all you
need to make.

Next, you can set this in the style too.

If you mean shadow of the frame itself... I have no solution. Perhaps to
make polygon in lower layer, fill them by some color or gradient and a
little move them. But this create sharp or gradiented shadow, which is
not optimal in some cases. Is there some way to make real shadow blur?

Best regards,
Ondrej.

--
Ondrej Nemecek