[scribus] Workaround for "partial image export"

S C ribus id746-scribus at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 10:29:32 UTC 2011

Hi

I stumbled on a (reasonably) clever workaround for the issue of partial images.
We know that if you crop an image frame, the whole image is included in
the final file. While I understand it is a pending development, I found
this workaround which some might find useful

Ideally place text and images on a different layer.
Using the Layers dialogue, hide and set to non prnting all text, vectorial elements.
Export all that remains (should be images only) to an image at the desired dpi.
Create an image frame, align it to the top and left of the page, Adjust frame to image

Create a new layer and hide and unprint all unnecessary stuff.

This should be used as a last step - but if your layer structure is good it is easy to update the fake image if changes happen
Would like opinions or possible constructive criticism on the validity of this workaround.