[scribus] Autosave

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 13:37:10 UTC 2011

On 04/28/2011 08:43 AM, Tom Connolly wrote:
> I confused about this feature. Does the .sla.bak go away when the .sla is opened after a crash?

It should not.

Where is the backup file (Windows Vista), in the same folder as the
.sla? How come I don't see the backup file?

By default, there is a filter which will only show *.sla or *.sla.gz
(compressed .sla) files. All you need to do is to rename the file so it
ends in .sla, then it will be found. It should be in the same directory
you've been using or default directory for your documents.
It's better (I think) not to have some automatic scheme for this file,
since you will likely want to play it safe by modifying the name
slightly so you don't lose other saved versions of your document.

  I autosave every 10 minutes, but if I can't find the backup, what good
is it?

The .bak extension should (hopefully) happen when you have a crash, with
autosave there should be an .autosave extension in the name of the file.

Greg