ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Apr 26 07:21:03 UTC 2011
>>>>> First of all, you can ignore the message about not having
>>>>> Ghostscript and use Scribus without any trouble. The only
>>>>> thing is that you won't be able to create PDF files of your
>>>>> documents. Since that's often important, it's worth getting
>>>>> Ghostscript, but again, you can get to work in the meantime.
>>>>> This isn't true, BTW. Ghostscript has nothing to do with
>>>>> creating PDFs or even exporting as EPS.
>>>>> I stand corrected.
> That depends very much on what the content of the document is. In some
> cases that is true.
well, i know it may sound picky, but i prefert to fix this thread,
before somebody picks it up from the archive and gets a wrong advice:
- ghostscript is not needed by scribus to create PDFs.
- you can work with scribus without having to install ghostscript.
- you only need ghostscript for some specific functions (print preview,
...) or to include specific type of content (loading a PDF or an EPS
into an image frame, ...)
- it's correct that you probably can start working with scribus without
- it's not correct that you need ghostscript to create PDFs
- it's correct that you need ghostscript to include some types of
contents (into your documents or PDFs)
... and i hope that i got it right :-)
More information about the scribus