[scribus] Ghostscript

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Apr 25 19:53:32 UTC 2011

On 04/25/2011 12:33 PM, mick simpson wrote:
> I have just downloaded Scribus to my Windows laptop which is running XP Home. My eventual aim is to leave windows behind in favour of Linux and/or MAC but because I need to produce a magazine I have to remain with Windows while I become proficient in Scribus.
> I can start Scribus but get a warning about Ghostscript not being installed so have downloaded it form the 'net'. I can't see anywhere in the stuff that's been downloaded anything that will help me to install it on my machine.

I presume that what you downloaded is an installer; have you tried
running it?

Second, and a tad off-topic, I'd recommend Linux to you instead of a Mac
for one reason only: you can install Linux on your present machine
instead of having to buy a new computer.  Please, people, no holy-wars;
I'm just making a suggestion that Mr. Simpson is free to ignore.
However, Mr. Simpson, if you do decide to take my advice, feel free to
email me off-list so that I can point you toward the Linux distribution
that's probably best for you, along with the best place to get Linux
support.  In any event, whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck.