[scribus] Outline

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Apr 18 16:14:41 UTC 2011

hi greg

>>> So, literally, "The Structure of the Objects in the
>>> Document" is what we are discussing,
>>
>> in the scribus language we are talking about items not objects...
>>
>> we have an items menu, no objects menu in scribus...
>
> This is a thin argument.
> An SLA file is full of tags named PAGEOBJECT. I've never been very
> fond of the use of Item in the menu. One could easily imagine the
> margins being an item.
>
> This having been said, I don't see a reason to change the menu title,
> but there should be no objection to using the term object when
> referring to frames, lines, etc.

personally, i really think that -- in the GUI -- we have to choose
between items and objects (or any other term)  when referring to frames,
lines, etc and not use two terms for the same meaning.

i'm not fond of "item", either... but i prefer one non perfect term to
several different ones...

and what is in the SLA and in the code doesn't really count, otherwise
we would a GUI with mixed english and german terms...

ciao
a.l.e