[scribus] Outline

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Apr 17 08:23:24 UTC 2011

hi

> I didn't hear back from a.l.e about documentation for Outline, and
> couldn't find any, so I've written a wiki page on this:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/The_Outline_Utility
>
> If I've left something out, let me know or edit the page.

no, i don't know about any existing documentation on the outline tool...
i didn't think either that it's hard to use... once you have understood what it does :-)

i agree with louis, that the name is not 100% on spot... but it's not that bad, either.
i guess that this tool is meant as an alternative to reading the .SLA's XML and is not meant for day to day use (imo: each time you have to use the outline tool, there is something wrong in the scribus GUI... :-)
we will have a problem with its name, the day cezary's patch for style based TOCs make it in 1.5...!

we could change it's name to "file structure" or "document inspector"...

if somebody has real good idea, please fill a bug report!

ciao
a.l.e