[scribus] need help, can't find 'new' option to set CMYK for a rectangle shape

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Apr 12 19:49:12 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 12 April 2011 13:18:39 Lolly Walker wrote:
> I have active color management enabled and I downloaded Adobe ICC
> profile but I can't edit the path for icc profiles in my
> preferences and Scribus does not see them.  Any advice?

What operating system? Where did you put the new profiles? The simplest
course is to copy the new .icc/.icm profiles to the same folder where
Scribus has put the default choices like "Fogra27l" etc.

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Lolly Walker <walkerlrae at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > According to the tutorial I should see an option called 'new' to
> > add a new color in various ways including CMYK settings.  When I
> > select the rectangle and open 'color' in the properties dialog
> > box I do not have an option called 'new'.  Any help is much
> > appreciated
What version of Scribus?

This works with Scribus 1.3.9:
Close the current document. select Edit->colors
To get a big CMYK palette select "Scribus Open Office" and hit
"Save Color Set"

The "New" button should work. If not, then highlight any color at
random and then the "New" button should work.

The following is just my advice and not Scribus policy: If you are
using 1.3.3.14 or anything in that series then upgrade to 1.4.0 RC3.
or at least 1.3.9. Many of the questions raised here relate to
problems with the obsolete 1.3.3.x versions. It is difficult for those
of us who abandoned this old version many months ago to deal with
questions based on this old version. Many if not most experienced
Scribus users abandoned the so-called stable version a long time ago.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus: