[scribus] How to tell a font is print worthy?

Keith Abraham kabraham at gmx.com
Mon Apr 11 11:44:59 CEST 2011

On /Thu Apr 7 19:32:32 CEST 2011/ Jean Basile wrote*

*

>  >/  >  Also, I find 9 or 10 quite usable for size. Why 11?
/>  >/  ** Because it's the default value used in typography
/>  >/  and DTP, 12 with word processing as I learned long time
/
>  So it's a default and not a rule like the golden rule for example.

I think it's a good rule of thumb. 12pt (and perhaps 11pt) allow those not so good vision to read your articles.

About a year ago I thought we could save money if we reduced the size of our 12pt newsletter from A4 to A5. Letting the printer do the reduction proved perfectly readable for my eyes.

But a few days later the complaints began to roll in. Older people complained the print was too small and the general opinion was that it was an effort to read and caused many to discard the newsletter unread.

I'm now back to 12pt with no complaints.

Keith