[scribus] GSoC Project CC Plugin for Scribus

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 15:39:35 CEST 2011

On 04/03/2011 10:46 PM, Akila Wajirasena wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Akila Wajirasena<akila.wajirasena at gmail.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am a student from University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.
>> I have participated Google Summer of Code as a student with Creative
>> Commons, last year.
>> I improved the creative commons OpenOffice plugin as my project.
>>
>> I am going to participate for Google Summer of Code this year also,
>> with Creative Commons.
>> I thought a making a similar plugin as the OpenOffice plugin for CC[1].
>>
>> The OpenOffice plugin has several features. Adding a visible CC license
>> notice (text and a image),
>> Adding license metadata and
>> Inserting CC licensed images from OpenClipArt Flickr Picasa and Wikimedia
>> Commons. in to OpenOffice documents (text and a image).
>> The same set of features can be applied to this plugin also.
>> We can omit adding metadata if it is  complex (I am expecting to add
>> metadata to PDF documents created by Scribus).
>>
>> What I need to know is there any possibility to add these features through
>> the Scribus plugin API and maintain it
>> as a separate project. If this cannot be developed using a plugin what
>> should be the procedure to merge
>> the sources with Scribus.

Whether or not you're going to try to do this for GSoC, you should look
at the info I gave Chamin to see how to contact the devs. This list
isn't the best place.

Here are some useful links for you:

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/GSoC_2011_Contact_Information

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/GSoC_2011_Student_Requirements

  keep in mind that many of the Team members are on Central European Time.