[scribus] Odp: Lets talk about character styles

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Apr 3 12:32:01 CEST 2011

> I would like to define character style "Warnings" as bolded font and red fill.

But that is not possible in Scribus, because "bold" is not a character
attribute. Bold characters require a bold font.

Thus to get bold text in Scribus you must change font.

Scribus does not know what font would be "Bold of Futura Lt Cn".
Should it use Futura Bd Cn or Futura Md Cn or Futura XBlk Cn or maybe
even use Futura Md, Futura Hv or Futura Bk?

The user must make that decision.

But I can agree that things like font color could probably be applied
as "modification"of a character style.

/Peter