[scribus] Scribus logo

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 08:56:50 CEST 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:54:12 +0200
"a.l.e" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> dijo:

>> But after downloading it I discovered that (evidently) OOo Impress
>> cannot place any vector files. In the Insert Picture menu the only
>> formats listed are raster image formats. But I know I can place
>> vector images in Writer documents, so now I'm off to OOo mailing
>> list to see if there is some library or another missing from my OOo
>> 3.1. It doesn't make any sense that I cannot place vector images in
>> Impress.
>
>you may use scribus to create your presentations...
>
>iirc, it can place vector files.

Yes, I long for the capabilities of Scribus while working on this
presentation.

However, it must be given in a university classroom. The computer in
the classroom has MS Office and OOo, but not Scribus. I plan to use my
own computer during the presentation, but being able to use the
university computer is my backup in case something bad happens.

Besides, it appears I have solved the logo problem by using a PNG
version.