[scribus] podofo

peter linnell plinnell at scribus.info
Mon Sep 27 10:22:04 CEST 2010

On 9/27/10 4:15 AM, Ken Moffat wrote:
> Anyone know the status of podofo, the open source pdf editor? I see
> libpodofo0.8.0 in the Debian repository.
>
> I have been using NitroPDF to edit pdf files... much cheaper than Acrobat,
> but it's Windows only and far from free.
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

podofo is still very actively developed with an 0.8.2 release recently.
That said podofo as a library and pdf editor if focused on very low
level. E.g there is no visual editor at the moment, but the thought is
it could do that in the future with a GUI app.

For openSUSE users, I have packaged podofo rpms in the graphics
repository. I expect that podofo will be included in the default
distribution for 11.4

As well, I have podofo packaged for most rpm based distributions in my
repository: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/

Cheers,
Peter