[scribus] [Administrative contact] Scribus-SVG files support created by Inkscape.

mrdocs mrdocs at scribus.info
Sun Sep 26 12:08:44 CEST 2010

On Sunday 26 September 2010 10:31:48 you wrote:
> Tom sent a message using the contact form at
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=contact.
>
> When i wan't import SVG file created by Inkscape, Scribus not display it.
> Even I created youtube video, who show step by step how it looks
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztq7eSaMzD8
>
> In this link I uploaded SVG file.
> http://www.filefactory.com/file/b3aa066/n/lane.svg

There is a linked image in the SVG. Scribus will not handle that.

When exporting from Inkscape, I only export vector artwork - no text or
images.

Two reasons: Text layout in SVG is quite different from the model Scribus
uses, plus Scribus itself is more than competent to handle images and text
itself.

Hope that helps,
Peter