[scribus] Resizing Image

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Sun Sep 26 09:40:35 CEST 2010

On 25/09/2010 23:57, scribus-request at lists.scribus.net wrote:
> I've never looked for an option to have Scribus resize images.  What I
> do is create the frame and find its dimensions.  Then I bring up the
> image in the Gimp.  (I use Linux.)  Then, I resize the image there,
> setting the more restrictive dimension and letting it set the other
> one.  Once that's done, copy and paste get it into the frame and I
> close the Gimp without saving.  It may sound complicated, but it's
> actually quite easy, and only takes two or three minutes.

My method goes as follows and is quick and easy.

Position the photo frame and size it. 'Get Image' and then using the
'Image Tab' in properties shrink to the size you need to fit the frame.
Make a note of the percentage reduction. Next select 'Edit Image' from
the right-click menu of the frame and resize (I use Kolour Paint) the
image down to the percentage noted above. Go back to the frame (the
image will now have shrunk) and bring it back to 100%. Perfect fit!!

I'm using Kubuntu 10.04 and Scribus 1.3.8.

--
*/_Ian "Witty" Whitfield _/*

*Editor of - _"The Federal Saints Journal" _*
Pretoria, South Africa

*Alternative eMail* - /_federalsaints at gmail.com_/
<http://federalsaints@gmail.com>
*WebSite* - _/www.federalsaints.net/_ <http://www.federalsaints.net>

*Tel* - +27 (0)12 817 2001
*Cell* - +27 (0)82 573 9142
*FAX * - +27 (0)86 651 4844
*Skype* - ianzs6cdx
/(Get Skype <http://www.skype.com/go/download> and call me for free)/

P.O. Box 72226 Lynnwood Ridge 0040 South Africa