[scribus] Adding Scrapbook Elements to Templates

Rob Oakes lyx-devel at oak-tree.us
Sat Sep 25 17:05:31 CEST 2010

Dear Scribus Users,

I am in the process of creating a newsletter template for a friend and while doing so, I had a question about how to best package the various assets.  Including images, fonts, etc. isn't a problem.  But there are several predefined layouts that I created and placed in a scrapbook that I would also like to package with the template.

I know that I could add these layouts as example pages in the document, but I would much prefer to include them as the scrapbook pages.  This would allow for them to be applied on any page via drag and drop.  On a larger note, it would also provide a slightly more convenient way of packaging my growing library of scrapbook pages.  Right now, I am keeping all of the layouts in the same scrapbook.  However, this doesn't really make a lot of sense as I only use particular elements with specific document templates.  It would be much better if I could save those elements with the documents they correspond to and only have them available when those documents are open.

Apple Pages has this sort of feature (which is called, confusingly, "Page Templates" as compared to "Document Templates").  Can Scribus do this as well?  Or is there a better way to organize/disseminate my scrapbook pages?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Cheers,

Rob Oakes