[scribus] file not supported

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Sep 24 17:41:19 CEST 2010

On Friday 24 September 2010 11:14:00 loralea wrote:
> Submitted on 09/24/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: loralea
>    Email Address: loraleab at gmail.com
>    Subject: file not supported
>    Message:
> It looks like you automatically update scribus, I noticed a few
> differences. The problem is anything I created before that time,
> can not be opened. I frequently need to access these older files.
> So everything - the many, many hours of building files before it
> was updated are worthless. How often do you auto update and will my
> current files be obsolete soon. I am so frustrated - why would you
> do that?
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.3.14
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Windows
>      Version: WinXP
>      CPU type: Other/Don't know
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/561

Scribus is not automatically updated on your computer. You must have
downloaded it again if it changed.  And files are forward compatible
but not backwards compatible. What version of Scribus did you use when
you created these files? And what version do you have now? Hint: go to
Help, choose "About Scribus". That screen will tell you what version
you have now.  1.3.3.14 will not be changed any more and hasn't been
changed in several months AFAIK.

If all else fails upgrade to 1.3.8 and the files will be converted to
that level. But then they cannot be used with 1.3.3.14. Try
determining your current edition first, and get back to us.

If necessary someone on the list will have a go at rescuing your files.
We won't let you fail.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press