[scribus] 2008R2 Terminal Server

peter linnell plinnell at scribus.info
Fri Sep 24 11:27:07 CEST 2010

On 9/24/10 1:47 AM, Ashley Kirk wrote:
> Submitted on 09/24/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
> Name: Ashley Kirk
> Email Address: ash at anvil.net.nz
> Subject: 2008R2 Terminal Server
> Message:
> Hello
>
> Will Scribus run ok on Server 2008R2 (64bit) Terminal Server?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ashley
>
> About your Scribus program:
> Version: 1.3.3.14
> Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
> Build Date:
> Your operating system and CPU:
> Type: Windows
> Version: 2008R2 Terminal Server
> CPU type: 64 bit (x86_64/amd64)
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/?q=node/158/submission/558

Hi,

Scribus should run ok on a Terminal Server, but from my experience
supporting various remote desktops Citrix, TS 200x etc, graphics and
page layout are not ideal for this environment.

These kinds of applications because of their memory use and highly
graphical nature are usually the least desireable application to run on
Terminal Servers.

Hope that helps...

Peter