[scribus] How to find occurrences of a particular font?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 15:25:52 CEST 2010

On 09/13/2010 09:03 AM, Julian Robbins wrote:
> On 13/09/10 13:19, a.l.e wrote:
>>> Something that's been puzzling me for a while. If I find a rogue
>>> appearance of a font that's not supposed to be in my doc, (as shown
>>> in by the PDF creation dialog, how can i find where a certain font is
>>> used in a scribus file?
>> if you are somehow comfortable with text editors, you open the .sla
>> file with one of them, search for the name of the font and try to get
>> a clue on where it gets used.
> I had thought about this, but thought there was probably a better way.
>> this is a somehow frequent request and i wonder if there is an easy
>> way to find about it...
> Its especially useful if you have a rogue piece of text with applied
> styles and fonts that you do not want but cant find within Scribus.

If you look at Search/Replace in Story Editor, you can see that you
could search for a font without any particular text, whether or not you
wanted to replace it or not.

I'm not sure if it's still true, but if you have a font assigned as the
default font for text frames, it will show up as one of the fonts "used"
even though you may have actually have any text which uses it.

Greg