[scribus] Scribus Crashes On Ubuntu Lucid

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Sep 8 22:51:00 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 08 September 2010 16:03:36 Ed Rippy wrote:
> Scribus ver. 1.3.3.13svn (28 December '08), Build ID: C-C-T-F-A,
> Ghostscript ver 8.71
>
> -- Scribus crashes politely w/ a "Signal 11" dialog box when
> selecting text sometimes -- printing to Epson NX-105 (from preview
> window) produces all black page!
>
> *NO* proprietary drivers are activated on my machine. Overall the
> system runs like a dream, runs memtest86 overnite OK. Demanding
> apps incl Chocolate-DOOM, GIMP, Stellarium, Eclipse IDE w/ Java &
> C(++) toolchains, run fine. OpenOffice Writer produces the doc I
> was using as my first Scribus project, so I'm confident that my
> system is stable. I'm a Scribus newbie & I haven't yet found this
> one in any discussions that Google found. I haven't found any
> consistency in *when* Scribus crashes except newly selected text.
> Any ideas?
>
> Ed

You didn't specify the OS, which might help.

You could upgrade to a newer version, such as 1.3.3.14 or something in
the newer sequence, 1.3.9 perhaps? I use 1.5.0, the bleeding edge
version but it is plenty stable enough for me.

I never print directly from Scribus. I use Acrobat Reader.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press