[scribus] Fitting page dimensions to an imported PDF.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Sep 8 22:05:09 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 08 September 2010 12:37:16 a.l.e wrote:
> hi john,
>
> > Let me take another tack. If the pdf is imported and placed in an
> > image frame, and the image frame is fitted to the imported pdf,
> > is there an easy way to then fit the page to the image frame? I
> > know about looking up the dimensions under properties and then
> > changing page properties. I am looking for a simpler method that
> > I can describe to readers.
>
> you can write a script for it.
>
> however the easiest way to do it, is indeed to have the PP open and
> look up there the image size (after having let the frame fit to the
> image).
>

> btw, you are abusing scribus as a pdf converter... no wonder that
> you don't have an easy time...
>

> i wonder if you should not have a look at ghostscript instead...
> x/1-a is not really supported but, with a bit of luck, you may find
> your way through it:
> http://old.nabble.com/Create-PDF-X-1-a-file-using-ghostscript.-td29
>309532.html

Well you referred me to a post I made some time back.  Not very
helpful. I fear.  BTW it is possible to import an svg file into a
graphic frame in 1.5.0. The format is not listed on the list of
choices but if you key in the name it will import.

Still working out the details however.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press