[scribus] Scribus unable to import pdf file

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Sep 8 16:57:15 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 08 September 2010 06:19:37 Peter Nermander wrote:
> > Using  scribus-1.3.8-1.fc13.i686
> > I have a few pdf files I tried to open with scribus.
> > Scribus failed to open every single one of them.
>
> Scribus can not _open_ PDF files. Scribus is not intended to edit
> PDF files.
>
> Scribus can create PDF files, and pages from PDF files can be
> imported into Scribus (like you import an image).
>
> /Peter

More precisely Scribus can IMPORT a one-page pdf file using the
file>import>vector
menu item. It cannot use a pdf file as an argument to an image frame
insert function. It is a mistake that many of us have made at least
once.

Think file menu. imported PDF file will make its own image frame.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press