[scribus] Making PDF smaller

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Sep 7 15:48:36 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 07 September 2010 09:31:47 Bo Engborg wrote:
> This seems to be one of the most asked questions. Is it not worth
> to include pdf shrinking in Scribus? Not everyone (like myself)
> will find it easy to install a couple of extra programs and work at
> the command line.
>
> - Bo E -

Can you type:
cd /mydirectory
pdf2ps foo.pdf
ps2pdf foo.ps
?
Of course you can. Anyone who can do that much typing can use the
command line. And anyone who can write an email should have no trouble
with that much typing.  The only difference between Linux or Mac OS on
the one hand and MSWin on the other is whether you use a \ or a / to
define a directory.

I use Scribus, but it is only one of many Open Source programs and
suites I use.  And since they are all free for the download I have no
problems using multiple programs and scripts, including the ones that
are command line based like the ones above. Why limit your tool kit?
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press