[scribus] text line spacing

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 18:21:56 CEST 2010

On 08/31/2010 04:05 PM, Mark wrote:
> Submitted on 08/31/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
> Name: Mark
> Email Address: huronmark13 at yahoo.com
> Subject: text line spacing
> Message:
> I am adding text to a page and the lines of text are scrunched together.
> How do I space the lines of text farther apart?

Usually when I face this unexpected scrunching problem, it's because I
have spacing set for fixed linespacing in the Text tab of Properties.  I
find that automatic linespacing is good for general use issues, but
certainly the value of fixed spacing and adjusting to baseline grid have
their merits, so it's good to learn about all 3.

You seem like someone in search of the knowledge that can be easily
found on the wiki:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Main_Page

Check out the HOWTOs and in particular the Working with... series,
or even the newly revised online manual that you access from F1 while
using the 1.3.8 version. In Windows, it's quite easy to load both the
1.3.3.14 and 1.3.8 versions. For those just learning to use Scribus, I
think there are ample arguments for starting with 1.3.8 when you
consider the learning curve that DTP software imposes.

Greg