[scribus] Review on Scribus 1.5 svn

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Sun Oct 31 22:12:58 CET 2010

On Sunday 31 October 2010 11:22:24 Markus W. Barth wrote:
> The following review of the 1.5 svn version may be interesting for those
> interested in knowing how development goes.
>
> http://linuxgraphics.blogspot.com/p/scribus.html

Hi Markus,

A few comments, if I may:

- You mentioned some text-related issues.These are well-known. Currently, the
text engine is being completely rewritten, which will resolve the problems you
mentioned.

- Your statement that transparency effects aren't supported by PDF export is
completely false. The truth is that some PDF versions (PDF 1.3, X-1a, X-3)
don't support transparency, so if you need the feature, you have to choose a
more modern PDF version. It would be nice if you could remove the warning
"Don't use it" from your blog.

-  As Alex has already pointed out, some of the "new" features you mentioned
have been there for ages. I'm glad you finally discovered them, though ;)

Cheers,

Christoph