[scribus] icc profile for LSI

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 18:22:46 CEST 2010

On 10/29/2010 10:19 AM, John Culleton wrote:
> The POD printer LSI is fussier than most about rich black. They want
> no more than 240% ink coverage. Often rich black is 260%.  I asked on
> the icc mailing list and someone was kind enough to modify the
> standard SWOP icc file to this:
> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/SWOPcoated5_240.icc
> Free for download of course.
>
> Scribus itself is not likely to be the problem, but graphics imported
> from e.g., Photoshop can be problematic.

I think this highlights the issue in regard to no-brainer sorts of
"requirements" by printers. As Louis has pointed out many times,
discussing your print job with a _knowledgeable_ commercial printer will
result in avoidance of bad outcomes, plus have the added bonus of
teaching you something about the process of transferring a PDF to print
on a particular kind of paper with particular inks.

Greg