[scribus] Launching with "scribus -fi"

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Oct 29 10:04:27 CEST 2010

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 08:44:19 +0200
peter linnell <plinnell at scribus.info> dijo:

>> I was hoping to get just a list of duplicates so I could quickly go
>> into the folder and delete them. Most of the duplicates are font
>> files that are in /usr/share/fonts and duplicated in ~/.fonts. I am
>> the only user of this computer, so I would just delete the duplicate
>> files in ~/.fonts.
>>
>> It's not a critical thing. The duplicate font files don't seem to
>> cause any problems (except maybe for Fontmatrix). I just like to
>> keep things tidy.

>Try fc-cache -fv as root, then restart the applications. This
>refreshes fontconfig's font cache.
>
>Sometimes this can fix "duplicates"

I had already tried fc-cache -fv after deleting the duplicates and it
made no difference; Fontmatrix still insisted there were duplicates.
However, what did finally resolve the problem with Fontmatrix was to
delete its configuration folder ~/.Fontmatrix/. When I launched it
again it finally found the fonts correctly. Just another of the
countless bugs in Fontmatrix. It's a great program, but needs a lot of
work.