[scribus] Launching with "scribus -fi"

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Oct 29 05:19:03 CEST 2010

> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:03:31 +1100
> rcook at pcug.org.au (Owen Cook) dijo:
>
>>> Some education would be helpful.
>>

>>herewith some education
>>
>>/opt/scribus14/bin/scribus-1.3.9.svn -fi 2>&1 | tee
>>-a /home/member/start.txt
>>
>>Replace the obvious with the relevant
>
> I don't have a folder /opt/scribus<anything>.

I did say replace the obvious, so maybe you can start scribus by
simply typing scribus, in my case it is in /opt and that I keep out of
my PATH

Once you get start.txt, or what ever name you give it, then use less
to read it.

So in full, that is

start the program scribus with the fi options and feed it into a file
called start.txt.

2>&1 was meant to dump the screen output to /dev/null, but it doesn't
seem to do that.

try;
$ scribus-1.3.9.svn -fi 2>&1 | tee >>-a /home/jjj/start.txt

and change jjj to whatever your home directory is

--
Owen