[scribus] Black and blacker.

Stéphanie Vilayphiou stephanie.vilayphiou at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 19:50:42 CEST 2010

On 27/10/2010 19:47, John Culleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 October 2010 13:16:07 Stéphanie Vilayphiou wrote:

>>> The printer, in this case LSI, wants rich black but no more than
>>> 240% total ink coverage. The usual limit is 260%. I am just
>>> trying to match what exists on the cover.  I don't know a way to
>>> determine what the previous person used other than trial and
>>> error.  I am not dealing with LSI directly but through the
>>> customer.
>>>
>> ah sorry, missed that mail. you seem to know all that :)
>> If you want the most intense black, I suggest you follow up
>> instructions for Rich black if CMYK, or 100% black for B&W. I
>> usually don't trust the preview of colors in layout software.
>> Acrobat has a pretty good color and overprint preview.
>> does this help?
>> S.
>>
> Is the Acrbat Reader view more reliable than the Scribus view for
> color matching, in your opinion?

weird, I had two notices that this mail didn't work...
In general, yes. Although when you print on uncoated paper, normally the
colors are less saturated than what you see on screen. I don't know how
Acrobat manages ICC profiles. I know Indesign does, I think I saw
something about that in Scribus, maybe with a plugin (?) (never had the
need yet)

--
----
Stéphanie Vilayphiou