[scribus] Scribus Crashes

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 17:57:43 CEST 2010

On 10/27/2010 06:53 AM, Craig Bradney wrote:

> On 27/10/2010, at 5:36 AM, "Mike Sleger"<chappa-ai at msn.com>  wrote:
>
>> I sincerely hope the next "stable" release is in fact stable.  I've been using 1.3.8 and it crashes due to an "unknown exception" about once per day.  (This is not behavior that I'd attribute to a "stable" release.)
>
> You need to submit detailed ways to reproduce this error, along with backtraces and sample documents, or we have no idea where to look to see if the problem lies within scribus, a supporting library or your system.

1.3.8 is of course not stable, but labeled unstable. All software is
subject to bugs that stop the program. I can't say it doesn't happen,
but I've never had Scribus not only crash but also freeze up my computer
so that more than my Scribus data is lost. I can't say the same for a
lot of proprietary software and OSes out there.

Greg