[scribus] Gimp

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Oct 26 22:07:22 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 26 October 2010 13:33:30 Carol wrote:
> Submitted on 10/26/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: Carol
>    Email Address: cjf1980 at swbell.net
>    Subject: Gimp
>    Message:
> It keeps telling me that the program Gimp is missing, when I have
> the latest version already downloaded.  Because of this it won't
> let me edit photos. When I do load a image, only part of it shows
> eventhough I try to resize it, which I can't do because of the Gimp
> problem.
> Thanks,
> Carol
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.3.14
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Windows
>      Version: WinXP
>      CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/577

Others have told you how to connect Gimp with Scribus. It is probably
also described in the Scribus Manual which I recommend to all users.

In addition you can use Gimp without connecting it to Scribus, crop
documents etc. in that program, then use them in Scribus. That's what
I do. Even though there is a connection to Scribus. I use Gimp on one
virtual screen and Scribus on another. Cuts down on clutter. (LInux
usually has virtual screens, often four or six.)
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/