[scribus] Gimp

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Tue Oct 26 20:41:08 CEST 2010

Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 10/26/2010 10:33 AM, Carol wrote:
>> > It keeps telling me that the program Gimp is missing, when I have
>> > the latest version already downloaded.  Because of this it won't
>> > let me edit photos.  When I do load a image, only part of it shows
>> > eventhough I try to resize it, which I can't do because of the
>> > Gimp problem.
>>
>> I know this may sound stupid, but have you installed the program, or
>> just downloaded it?  It's not clear from what you wrote, and it does
>> make a difference.

And if you've installed gimp but Scribus doesn't know where it is, it will behave as if it were not installed. If that's your situation, go to File => Preferences (in Scribus, naturally), find the External Tools page (toward the bottom in the list at left). Make sure Image Processing Tool has the full path to the gimp executable. Something like: C:/Program Files/GIMP-2.0/bin/gimp-2.6.exe. If it's still not working after that, then come back here for more ideas.

--
Henry