[scribus] Scribus Crashes

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Tue Oct 26 15:21:01 CEST 2010

Thanks Guys

this morning I've had three more in just one Text Box!!!!)

Owen I think you have a good idea here with your 'Don't edit text in
Scribus' reply. Yes I know it SHOULD work, (has done for the past year
or more), but in 1.3.8 it FAILS!! Fact!! The other aspect I like about
this "workround" is that I now have a spell checker available. A major
omission in Story Editor in my books. After all any little box on the
Internet that you have to write in has an underlying Spell Checker so it
isn't Rocket Science and after all we are using this software for doing
Publications and Spell Checking is a major component of this in my
World!! I'm moving my editing to LibreOffice as from today!!

Craig asks for more details - well I'm sorry Craig I have no idea where
to get these from. I've told you all I know and see. Everything else on
my system works fine. All the other software works OK and I have almost
no other crashes.... just from Scribus!! Being a user of Linux for just
over a 18 months I know I have a lot to learn yet and I think there
would be logs somewhere but I have no clue on where these would be. Tell
me and I can try and find them. When Scribus crashes here there is no
other message or details on the screen - it's just 'gone'!!

Last of all to Dan, thanks for advising that you have seen this problem
reported on other Forums.... I think this has to point to an underlying
problem in Scribus rather than in the System.

Thanks guys.... it all helps.
--
*/_Ian "Witty" Whitfield _/*

*Editor of - _"The Federal Saints Journal" _*
Pretoria, South Africa

*Alternative eMail* - /_federalsaints at gmail.com_/
<http://federalsaints@gmail.com>
*WebSite* - _/www.federalsaints.net/_ <http://www.federalsaints.net>

*Tel* - +27 (0)12 817 2001
*Cell* - +27 (0)82 573 9142
*FAX * - +27 (0)86 651 4844
*Skype* - ianzs6cdx
/(Get Skype <http://www.skype.com/go/download> and call me for free)/

P.O. Box 72226 Lynnwood Ridge 0040 South Africa