[scribus] Scribus 1.3.7 import PDF.

Julian Robbins julian.robbins at q-par.com
Mon Oct 25 10:30:18 CEST 2010

> I'm trying to import a PDF file using "file/import/vector" but
> >  scribus does not "see" my pdf files.
> >
> >  ?Is there a new way to import a pdf into scribus?
> >
> >  I need to edit that PDF file to make some changes, ?is any better
> >  way using free open source software?
> >
> >  Thanks in advance.

I don't think anyone mentioned these two far simpler and more productive
ways of editing PDF files for free on Windows or Linux.

Inkscape www.inkscape.org works really well when importing PDF's, but
you can only edit one page at a time.

Otherwise try OpenOffice with the PDF Import plugin, which I believe is
still available on the Sun/Oracle site.

PDFEdit in Linux is ok, but is pretty clunky and crashborne in my
experience as yet.

Lastly, if you want to throw some money at it ... PDFStudio is pretty
good. There are 100's of commercial PDF editors for Windows, but this
one works with Linux too, and works well if the Open Source solutions
don't cut it for you.

--
Kind Regards,

Julian Robbins