[scribus] Scribus 1.3.7 import PDF.

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Thu Oct 21 19:26:20 CEST 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:35:01 -0400
John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> dijo:

>> > It does not run on Windows Seven 64 bits.
>> > It seems to be a 16bit application.

I can't speak for Windows, but on my 64-bit Linux computer I installed
a 64-bit version of PDFEdit.

>I tried compiling pdfedit from scratch on my slackware Linux system
>but it is apparently built around QT3 and Slackware has moved on to
>QT4.  So has Scribus for that matter.

On my Fedora 11 computer PDFEdit was in the repositories. I just
installed it with Yumex. Seems to run fine, but it will take some time
to figure out how to use it. I suspect its utility will depend on how
the PDF was created. I.e., if it was created by printing to CUPS-PDF, I
know that rasterizes everything, so likely the text won't be editable.