[scribus] problem in importing hindi text

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Oct 12 09:24:43 CEST 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 03:02:17 GMT
"praveen kumar singh" <help at scribus.info> wrote:

> Submitted on 10/12/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: praveen kumar singh
>    Email Address: c2praveen30jun at gmail.com
>    Subject: problem in importing hindi text
>    Message:
> actually we are translating a magazine in our native
> language(hindi).because scribus doesn't support hindi characters so
> we are writing hindi text on open office and trying to import from
> there.but when we are importing it is just showing the characters
> like red bricks...in short nothing is coming in readable form...
>
> what should i do now??hoping for a solution from your side...
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.3.14
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Windows
>      Version: WinVista
>      CPU type: 32bit (Intel/AMD - i386)

Without knowing any of the difficulties of dealing with hindi, this is
what I would try.

1. Do your work in Open office
2. Export your work in OO as PDF
3. Download the latest Scribus for windows,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-devel/1.3.8/
4. Use that version of Scribus to import the OO generated pdf (Image
frame->get image(pdf)->use the Image tab of Properties to adjust size

It may work, it may not.

Owen