[scribus] Index for large book

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 16:27:56 CEST 2010

On 10/04/2010 04:08 AM, JLuc wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there any tool to build the index of a 400+ pages book ?
>
> Since scribus isnt friendly with documents that have 50+
> linked-text-frames pages,
> i plan to spread the book into 12 chapter files,
> the index will be close to the end of the last file.

I'll beat John Culleton to the punch and point out that TeX has this
built-in, but Scribus does not.

Thinking about it, though, I wonder if some modification of the Find
function might accomplish this, by searching for a particular Paragraph
Style that might be unique various headers, then creating a list from
that. It's not accessible from Scripter.

There may be some variably complex workarounds too, which could benefit
from having the original text done in OpenOffice.

Greg