[scribus] Linking text frames

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 23:00:40 CEST 2010

On 10/03/2010 04:23 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 12:01:07 -0600
> Steven Dayton<daytonmeister at gmail.com>  dijo:
>
>> I'm trying to work with linked text frames. I have two separate
>> stories or articles and I want to link all text frames in one story
>> and link all text frames in the other story. So far it seems I can
>> only link all of the text frames. Am I missing something? Is it
>> possible to have separate groups of linked text frames?
>>
>> I'm working in Scribus 1.3.8.
>
> As far as I know you can have as many sets of linked text frames as you
> want, each a separate set. I recently finished a student workbook with
> 13 exercises, each a separate set of linked text frames, plus another
> 13 sets for the answer keys.
>
> I can't figure out how you created your text frames such that you can't
> link them as separate sets.

A little hard to be sure, but it sounds like you may just want to unlink
somewhere in the middle, then begin a new linking sequence.

Select the frame you want to be last in an existing linkage, select the
unlink icon, then the next frame, and the link should be broken.

Let us know if we're not getting the gist of your situation.

Greg