[scribus] pxd/x3 export : apparently contains RGB images

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sat Oct 2 13:13:43 CEST 2010

> Maybe it would be interesting to add an option for this in the pdf x/3
> export dialog, disabled by default, that allows to convert all objects
> to cmyk using the output intent color profile.

But isn't the whole point with X/3 to AVOID conversion? So everything
is embedded "as is" with information on colorspace/profile. And then
there is only ONE conversion done in the RIP?

If you supply everything converted to the same (CMYK) profile, you
don't (as far as I understand) need X/3 but can supply a 1.5 PDF
instead.

Or is there anything in X/3 (other than mixing colorspaces) that is
not available in PDF 1.5?

Everything I have read about X/3 says that "if you don't know what you
are doing, don't use X/3".

/Peter