[scribus] Include images when sharing SLA file

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 04:26:48 CET 2010

On 11/29/2010 09:41 PM, Sallie Draper wrote:
> I'm new to Scribus. I created a document with images but when I e-mail
> the document the images do not display for the recipient. I added the
> images to the Scrapbook, but that didn't help. Can someone tell me how
> to embed the images so they go along for the ride when I share the file?
> Thanks very much! Sallie

Hi Sallie,

Oops! A basic misunderstanding. There are no images inside the SLA file,
only references to files on your system.

If you want to share the document with its images, use File > Collect
for Output, which asks for the name of a _directory_ (and you can create
a new one), into which the SLA file and all its images will go.

You would then need to send this directory and its contents to your
recipient. If you're using Linux you can use tar to do this, but I have
a hunch that this may be beyond your knowledge, or that you're not using
Linux.

Otherwise, you'll need to send all those files inside that directory in
your email.

Greg