[scribus] [OT]chinese translate

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Nov 30 01:55:22 CET 2010

On Sunday 28 November 2010 15:22:32 michael crane wrote:
> I've come across 1/2 a dozen little motivational chinese comics
> which somebody gave me in the late '60s. I've got no idea what the
> copyright situation is but I thought I might put them online as an
> historical document.
> Is there anybody about is up to translating into English ?
> the on topic part is I'll need to do some manipulation of the
> text/images
>

> regards
>
> mick
American copyright law give the author an inherent copyright as soon
as a work is created. Works created before 1923 are in the public
domain. Others have that inherent copyright.

Calling the cartoons or whatever an historic document does not render
them copyright free.
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/