[scribus] installing on Windows 7 64 bit

Margaret and George McIntosh tenbear at myfairpoint.net
Sat Nov 27 17:48:26 CET 2010

On 27 Nov 2010 at 16:28, Victor wrote:

> Submitted on 11/27/2010
> Submitted by anonymous user: [10.1.5.224]
>
> Submitted values are:
>
>    Name: Victor
>    Email Address: lodger at sympatico.ca
>    Subject: installing on Windows 7 64 bit
>    Message:
> I would like to know if you have a 64  bit version of scribus, if
> not would
> scribus version 1.33 work on windows 7 64 bit. thanks
>
>    About your Scribus program:
>      Version: 1.3.3.14
>      Prebuilt/Compiled: Prebuilt
>      Build Date:
>    Your operating system and CPU:
>      Type: Windows
>      Version: Win 7 64bit
>      CPU type: 64 bit (x86_64/amd64)
>
> The results of this submission may be viewed at:
> http://www.scribus.net/node/158/submission/606

There is no 64 bit version of Scribus but Scribus works just fine on Windows 7 x64.
You would probably be happier with version 1.3.8 than 1.3.3.4 even though v 1.3.8 is
officially not a stable release. V1.3.9, officially not stable, is scheduled to be released
in a few days. I have been using 1.3.8 on Win 7 x64 with no problems.

George