[scribus] latest useable release?

Jerry Halberstadt subscriber at newtechpub.com
Sat Nov 27 04:39:26 CET 2010

OK, I understand that I would be better off to use 1.3.9, rather than
1.3.3.14. Is 1.3.9 actually available?

When I go to http://www.scribus.net/taxonomy/term/36 looking for a
download too use on Win XP, the latest stable release offered is 1.3.3.14.

Or I can get latest development release 1.3.7 from Sourceforge. There
also seem to be a number of "developmental snapshots."

I admit: I am not a programmer, although I have a deep respect for
people who can create a magic cookie and stuff like that. So...can a
mere mortal install 1.3.7, should he, and how would I get 1.3.9? Is that
stable enough to use? Or should I wait longer...
--
All the best,

Jerry
Jerry Halberstadt
"Seeing the story, making a difference."
* Photography * Writing * Publishing *Consulting
http://HealthyResources.com * http://www.NewTechPub.com
http://LivingWithAge.com * http://www.PhotoLuminations.com