[scribus] Image size on A2 calendar made in Scribus

Angela Vincent (Vanilla) angela at vanillamarketing.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 13:10:40 CET 2010

Hi all

This is my first post.

I have got a bit bolder with Scribus and made an A2 calendar with an image
that is 390mm x 290mm, so almost half the page.  The trouble is, I seem to
be a bit out of my depth at this larger size in understanding the use of
images and how they blow up, and also if there is something I should or
should not be doing in Scribus itself to improve this.

I have changed the preview settings to full resolution which helped and I
purchased the stock images from www.fotolia.com at 300 dpi.  The printer
says my images are 110 dpi on all pages.  The rough image size I purchased
for each page was 1700 x 1117 (1.9mp)  5.7" x 3.7" but they vary a bit from
image to image.  I could buy the next size up but I am not sure if this will
work.

It all looks great on the page!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks