[scribus] "is not in an acceptable format"

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon Nov 22 17:50:43 CET 2010

Gregory Pittman wrote:

>> On 11/22/2010 11:27 AM, Allen Ross wrote:
>> > went to open it and now I get a warning that says "magazine file.sla is
>> > not in an acceptable format" fatal error
>> >
>> > I used scribus 1.3.8
>> >
>> > I would be willing to e-mail the file to anyone to look at for me
>> >
>> > About your Scribus program:
>> > Version: 1.3.3.13
>>
>> We need some clarification, Allen.
>> You say "I used scribus 1.3.8" but the info below says 1.3.3.13
>>
>> You will not be able to load a file saved with 1.3.8 into 1.3.3.13, but
>> you can load a 1.3.3.13 file into 1.3.8...

If you have both versions on your computer, it's probably a matter of you double clicking on your sla file and Windows thinking that's associated with the older version. Either change the association, or right click on the sla file and use Open with... to select the correct scribus version, or open scribus 1.3.8 from the start menu and then open your file from there.

--
Henry